5 Reasons Hiring a Wedding Planner/Coordinator is Essential
What’s the Difference and Why Do You Need One?
So you just got engaged. Congratulations! You’re likely feeling one of three ways about planning your wedding – extremely excited, nervous and clueless, or completely uninterested. No matter how you’re feeling, we are here to help.
At Laura Burchfield Events, we offer both Full Planning and “Day-of” Coordinating Services.
Sooooo what’s the difference? Simply put – a coordinator is responsible for executing the details on the day of the wedding, while a planner is by your side from start to finish.
The job of the coordinator is to create the timeline and manage the flow of your event, orchestrate the wedding ceremony and rehearsal, communicate with your vendors prior to and on the wedding day, handle all of your personal items, and deal with any surprises that may arise (and there are ALWAYS surprises). The planner does all the roles of the coordinator, plus A LOT more.
A planner helps you to research and book your vendors, design invitations and programs, and advise you on décor or floral arrangements. A planner helps with suggestions for your gift bags, maintains your budget spreadsheet, and goes with you to vendor meetings, walk throughs and cake tastings. Mmmm cake tastings…feel free to invite us coordinators to those too! The role of the planner is flexible depending on the needs of each specific bride and we will work with you to determine what you need and what is right for you.
So why should you hire us? A wedding planner or coordinator is THE BEST thing that you will spend money on for your wedding day. Of course, we are a bit biased, but we know all of the other vendors agree. We even tell people that if you don’t hire us, you better hire someone…buuuut hire us! In fact, many venues have started to require that their couples have at least a day of coordinator.
Still not convinced? Here are the top 5 reasons you should hire a planner or coordinator:
1. We are kind of a big deal. You get married once...hopefully. We do this every weekend. Weddings are our full time job. We know how to create the perfect timeline, how to plan for every detail, how to handle the unexpected, and know all of the right questions to ask.
2. We have a posse and are connected. If you haven’t already realized this, there are a million wedding vendors out there. Our preferred vendor list will help narrow your search and ensure you have trusted professionals on your wedding day. Sometimes we can even hook you up with a discount…sometimes. Want to book someone not on our list? Not a problem! We will vet them to be sure your money is well spent, you get what you pay for, and there aren’t any sneaky surprises in the fine print.
3. Put them to work. You hired your photographer to take photos. You hired your DJ to play music and MC the event. You hired your caterer to make and serve delicious food. Let them focus on those jobs and hire us to boss them all around and make sure you are getting what you paid for.
4. Let them eat cake. Someone has to manage the details and most venues are quick to say “NOT IT!” Without a coordinator, your family and friends will end up working and stressing about details instead of enjoying your day. They may miss a wedding crasher sneaking in while they are standing in line at the bar or not see your first dance because they are in the kitchen making sure that the hors d’oeuvres are on point.
5. Sit back and relax. Whether you hire us for full planning, a tailor-made package, or day of coordinating, you deserve to have an unforgettable and stress-free day. We will bring your vision to life while you celebrate with your family and friends. We will make sure your guests are taken care of and that everyone’s questions are answered. We will remind you when it’s time to cut the cake or toss the bouquet. There are no do overs of this day so why risk it!